Norton Children'sHospital is not-for-profit and relies on the generosity of the community to support programs, hospital improvements, education and advocacy. Norton Children's Hospital cares for children regardless of their families' ability to pay. As the number of children needing help at Norton Children's Hospital continues to increase, so does the need to stay up-to-date on medical advances and technologies.
Norton Children's Hospital cares for children from birth to adulthood – over 170,000 in 2016 from across the state of Kentucky and Southern Indiana. We know that children require smaller equipment, different medications and sometimes, different doctors. Our clinical staff is trained to provide the special kind of care children need and deserve.
Access to health care is very important to a community's quality of life. Having a full-service pediatric hospital is important to the region's economy as governmental leaders seek to attract new businesses and, in turn, those employers attract new employees.
Children's hospitals across the country are facing a shortage of pediatric specialists. Those with access to greater resources to provide funding for equipment and research also tend to have greater interest from specialists. Having these specialists at Norton Children's Hospital means that families do not have to travel outside of the region when their children need medical care.
Dance Big Red supports both pediatric heart and adolescent cancer care at Norton Children's Hospital.
- Canning (ask for spare coins at your dorm,apartment or greek house)
- 100 days of saving (Save $1 a day)
- Host a Car Wash
- Trick or Treat for funds
- Be a taxi/designated driver for your friends ($5 a ride)
- Instead of birthday gifts, ask for donations from family and friends
- Write a hand written note or letter asking family members to donate
- Collect loose coins in a piggy bank until DBR
- Personalize Facebook Profile and ask for donations
- Sell items on E-Bay
- Walk dogs/dogsit
- Sell back books
- Share your story on social media
- Host a Bake Sale
- Donate plasma
- Send Emails
- Do laundry for money