About Norton Cancer Institute
Your help through the Bike to Beat Cancer will make a difference for your family members, friends and neighbors if they need cancer care. In fact, more than half of the cancer patients in Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana trust Norton Cancer Institute with their care and treatment.
Your support through the Norton Healthcare Foundation will help caregivers at Norton Cancer Institute provide prevention, diagnosis, full-service treatment, clinical trials, and support and survivorship services for so many people in our community faced with cancer.
The region’s first cancer Prevention & Early Detection Program provides no-cost comprehensive cancer screenings, individual cancer risk assessments, community risk reduction education and follow-up services.
Through participation in many clinical trials, Norton Cancer Institute is able to offer patients the latest, most advanced therapies that may not be available elsewhere.
Cancer patients and their families need additional support beyond treatment. That’s why they have access to a nationally renowned behavioral oncology program and a survivorship program, which provides a special level of care for patients through comprehensive clinical support, education and resources. The goal of the Norton Cancer Institute Survivorship Program is to address important issues, such as health consequences of therapy, screening for other cancers, counseling for family members and/or caregivers, risk assessments and maintaining long-term patient-physician contact to ensure sharing of relevant information on new drugs and therapies.
Learn more about Norton Cancer Institute.
Where funds go
When you participate in the Bike to Beat Cancer and raise funds, you are supporting Norton Cancer Institute through the Norton Healthcare Foundation.
Thanks to you…
Over the past several years, your support of Norton Cancer Institute through the Bike to Beat Cancer has made a large difference.
The funds you raise support important Norton Cancer Institute prevention, early detection and advanced education initiatives as well as programs that encourage patients and families to approach cancer with a hopeful and educated outlook.
As not-for-profit entities, Norton Healthcare and Norton Cancer Institute rely on donations from individuals and organizations to make a difference for programs, equipment and facilities, research and education. This support allows caregivers and the hospitals to stay up-to-date with medical advances and technology, thereby maintaining the community’s access to high-quality health care.
2017 Bike to Beat Cancer Fund Allocation
Your support has provided funding for:
- Construction of the new Norton Cancer Institute – Brownsboro.
- Construction of the new Norton Cancer Institute – Downtown facilities.
- Training programs for the behavioral oncology program
- Prevention and early detection initiatives including screening and outreach and genetic counseling
- Support for the National Comprehensive Cancer Control Program at Norton Cancer Institute
- Advanced education for nursing staff, which allows them to obtain oncology certified nurse status
- Support for Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers
- Community outreach including a men’s health event for prostate awareness month
- Clinical research programs
- Support for programs that help breast cancer survivors of all ages cope with life after cancer
With your help, we’ll be able to make an even bigger difference for cancer patients and their families in years to come.