Choose from 15, 35, 65 or 100 miles! We have an option to fit your activity level. To help you choose, think about it this way: A leisurely bike ride is about 10-15 miles per hour. Could you ride for one hour? Two hours? Three hours? More?
Keep in mind that relief is only 15 miles away. Our pit stops are spaced about 15 miles apart, where you can park, stretch your legs, use the restroom and get something to eat or drink.
Finally, remember you should enjoy yourself — but challenge yourself. You are doing this for those who cannot. You are taking on the challenge in solidarity with those who are fighting the biggest fight of their lives.
Choose your distance
- Never cycled before? We recommend the 15-mile option.
- Cycled some, but it’s been a while? Try the 15- or 35-mile option. These are great distances for active beginners to novice riders.
- Frequent cycler? The 65-mile ride is for you. This longer distance can be rewarding for people who cycle regularly or enjoy fitness.
- Avid cyclist? Go for 100 miles and become a century rider! You won’t regret the feeling of accomplishment, knowing you are making a difference for children and adults fighting cancer in our community!
Ride a family-friendly distance of 5 miles around Norton Commons, starting and ending at Norton Cancer Institute Brownsboro, sponsored by Schnell Contractors.
All ages and abilities are welcome. It’s the perfect way to have fun and get healthy with your whole family while supporting a great cause! Registration fee is $10 per participant and no fundraising is required. Children two and under are not required to register. When you sign up, you’ll be entered for a chance to win one of two kid’s bikes.
Family Ride packet and t-shirt pick-up begins at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 8. The Family Ride begins at 10 a.m. After the ride, enjoy a finish line meal and family activities in the "Just for Kids" zone!
Bring the entire family for a day of fun! Join us for FREE finish line children’s activities! After the ride, come to the "Just for Kids" Zone from 11 a.m. to 3p.m. Enjoy free food and activities including:
- Bounce Houses
- Face Painting
- Tot Zone
- Bubble Truck
- Rock Wall
- Free Food
Want to cycle but would rather stay off the road? Don't have a bike? We've got an option for you!
Our Spin Ride is available for anyone who would like to complete their miles on a stationary bike at our start/finish line. Partipate in an hour long spin session led by local spin trainers and help cheer on other riders as they cross the finish line!
- Spin riders can sign up to participate individually or as a team. A Bike to Beat Cancer team of riders can consist of both traditional riders and spin riders.
- Spin riders will have access to all of the indoor and outdoor training rides, fundraising tools and other benefits as our other riders.
- Spin riders who raise $200 or $50 as a survivor will receive a Bike to Beat Cancer t-shirt.
- Spin session will take place throughout the day. Individual spin session times will be communicated prior to the event.
Want to take part in the Bike to Beat Cancer but won't be in town or can't swing the schedule? Never fear! The Virtual Ride option allows you to participate and raise funds without riding on the Saturday of Bike to Beat Cancer.
- Virtual riders can sign up to participate individually or as a team. A Bike to Beat Cancer team of riders can consist of both traditional riders and virtual riders.
- Virtual riders will have access to all of the training rides, fundraising tools and other benefits as our other riders.
- Virtual riders who raise $400 or $100 as a survivor will receive a Bike to Beat Cancer jersey.
How it works
- Virtual rider mileage can be completed anytime within a month from the event date (before or after) and can be completed in segments.
- Virtual riders can complete their miles on a road bike or spin bike.
- Virtual riders who are able to verify that they completed the distance of 15, 35, 65 or 100 miles will receive an event medal.
- We go by the honor system! Hours can be verified by taking a photo or showing documentation of your miles logged. Send confirmation of your miles logged to Jennifer.Metro@nortonhealthcare.org.