Our Virtual Ride is available for anyone who would like to participate and fundraise but who may not be able to join the ride on the Saturday of Bike to Beat Cancer. Virtual Riders include:
- Out of town participants
- Individuals who are unavailable to ride on Saturday, Sept. 9
- Participants who may not feel comfortable riding their bike on the road
- Participants who may not own a bike
Virtual Riders will have the opportunity to complete their mileage at home, in the gym, or in the Virtual Rider Spin Tent located at the Start/Finish line. The Virtual Ride Spin Tent will be led by local spin class instructors and will give participants the option to complete their miles while cheering on riders as they roll across the finish line.
Virtual Rider FAQ:
- Virtual riders can sign up to participate individually or as a team. A Bike to Beat Cancer team of riders can consist of both traditional riders and virtual riders.
- Virtual riders will have access to all of the training rides, fundraising tools and other benefits as our other riders.
- Virtual riders who raise $400 or $100 as a survivor will receive their choice of a Bike to Beat Cancer jersey or t-shirt.
- Virtual rider mileage can be completed anytime within a month from the event date (before or after) and can be completed in segments.
- Virtual riders
who are able to verify that they completed the distance of 35, 65 or 100 miles
will receive an event medal.
- We go by the honor system! Hours can be verified by taking a photo or showing documentation of your miles logged.
- Please send confirmation of your miles logged to Jennifer.Clark3@nortonhealthcare.org.