Fundraising for the Bike to Beat Cancer
Each rider is required to reach their minimum fundraising requirement in order to participate in the Bike to Beat Cancer.
Participant Type: Fundraising Requirement: Includes:
5-mile Family Ride No fundraising required. T-shirt, rider packet and medal
15-mile Ride $200 general rider, $50 survivor. T-shirt, rider packet and medal
35-mile Ride $400 general rider, $100 survivor. Jersey, rider packet and medal
65-mile Ride $400 general rider, $100 survivor. Jersey, rider packet and medal
100-mile Ride $400 general rider, $100 survivor. Jersey, rider packet and medal
Spin Ride $200 general rider, $50 survivor. T-shirt, rider packet and medal
Virtual Ride $400 general rider, $100 survivor. Jersey, rider packet and medal
Volunteer No fundraising required. Volunteer T-shirt
Tips for Asking for Support
The following are some ways in which you can raise funds. Remember: if you don’t ask, no one will give...
- Think about why or for whom you are doing the Bike to Beat Cancer
- Personalize your profile page with information about why you are participating. Share your photo, your story, your triumphs. Go to Participant center and upload your contacts from your personal email. Let people know what and why you are supporting local cancer efforts.
- Send an e-mail to your friends and family, asking them to make an online donation. (To do this, log in to your personal profile page and follow the directions.)
- Send a letter or handwritten note to people, along with copies of the donation form that can be found online.
- What do you like to do? Incorporate that into your fundraising by holding a fundraising party and asking people to sponsor you. Examples: Hold a Texas Hold ‘em or Corn Hole tournament with your friends; hold a dog or car wash; host a chili cook-off; hold a yard sale
- Ask for $75 and you’ll probably get it or $25. This puts you closer to your goal.
- Put it in perspective: To make a $50 donation, have a two cups of coffee at home each week instead of going to a coffee house.
- Visit the Bike to Beat Cancer Fundraising Tips page for more ideas on ways to reach your goal!
For fundraising assistance, call (502) 629-8159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.